Friday, May 3, 2013

April Wrap Up and May TBR

Hey everyone!
As May begins, it means a new wrap up and TBR post! This is a little more productive, for lack of a better word. I hope you all had a great April and are looking forward to May.

APRIL WRAP UP
I reread three books: Percy Jackson and the Olympians 1-3: The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, and The Titan's Curse. I read four new books this month as well.
Rise (Eve, #3)The first book I read was Unravel Me by Taherah Mafi- the second book in the Shatter Me trilogy. You can read more of what I have to say here, but overall I enjoyed it!
The next book I read was a stand-alone: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I also have have a review here, so I'm not going to go in detail. To be honest, I was expecting more of this book, but I still loved it!
After that, I finally got around to reading Rise by Anna Carey which is the third and final installment of the Eve trilogy. Coming from a point of view where this trilogy isn't my favorite, I did enjoy Rise. I think Eve is still my favorite, but I liked it more than Once. And the ending- I had to look it up on Goodreads to make sure I wasn't inferring the wrong thing!
The last book I read was Cinder by Marissa Meyer- the first book in the Lunar Chronicles. I loved the concept of this book, with all the fantasy and sci-fi mixed! I definitely recommend it!
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)
MAY TBR
I planning on finishing the Beautiful Creatures series. I'm currently reading the second one, but I've been having no time to read lately! I loved Beautiful Creatures- I read it in two days. I'm really excited to see where this series goes!
Next, I'll be reading Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, the second book in the Lunar Chronicles. I'm also excited to see where this series will be turning to and about our "Red Riding Hood" this time!
I'm not planning on thinking about what book I'm going to read next. When the time comes, I'll probably pick one. But I think I'm going to try to get to The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I hear amazing things about this book and I can't wait to read it! If I still have a lot of reading time, I'll probably start the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan! Thanks for reading! -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment