Saturday, May 18, 2013

Book Overviews: Beautiful Creatures Series

Hey everyone!
Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)A little while ago, I read the first book in a series, Beautiful Creatures- the first book in the Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Marga Stohl. I loved the idea behind the book and our main character, Ethan, was great! I got the box set for my birthday and finished up reading the rest of the series. (Spoiler free!)


The second book, Beautiful Darkness, follows the events of what was left after Lena's "Claiming". This was probably my least favorite of the series. Personally, I found Lena quite annoying. It was done well though- every time Ethan was mad at Lena or frustrated, I completely agreed with him. I found the plot a bit elongated, for a lack of a better term. I still enjoyed seeing Ethan, Link, Amma, Ridley, etc. We also meet a few new characters: Liv, Abraham, John, etc. I liked their different personalities and thought it added more to the story.
Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, # 3)
The third book, Beautiful Chaos, was my favorite in the series! I thought the pace of this book was better and certain characters were less annoying! There was some crazy things that happened in this book *cough*the end*cough* which really contributed to the book in a good way.

Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4)The last book, Beautiful Redemption, was good. I liked it a bit more than Beautiful Darkness, but not as much as Beautiful Chaos. Where we left off in Beautiful Chaos, to be honest, I was expecting this book to go pretty badly. But I actually really liked it. It took me a bit to get into the story, but once the action started happening it became a lot more interesting! I'm so happy that things ended somewhat well. I also hope the best for Link and Ridley... and Lena and Ethan, too, of course.

Thanks for reading! -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment