Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Writing Progress and Tips

Hey everyone!
I haven't done a writing related post in a while, so I thought I better update you. To read my story, click here! The past month or two, I've been really into writing after taking a longer break in the winter. A surprising turn of events happened Sunday, which I'm really excited about. I haven't told many people about my story- I mentioned it to my mom and friend, but otherwise, that was all (besides the Internet :)). I mentioned it to my other friend who is a great writer herself. She's now editing my story! So far, she's finished with chapter one. She sent me a picture of it and I think I saw more red than ink. Although there will be many (and I mean many) changes, I'm really excited to watch They Chose Me evolve! So my recommendation to fellow writers: Find a critique partner! There are websites, like
this one that specialize in critiquing. If you do use someone you know, make sure they're not the kind of person to sugar coat things! My friend and I are going to have weekly meetings once summer starts and school is out of the way. This way, we can really go in depth about changes.
Chapter 9 will be posted soon! Most likely by Saturday or Sunday. If you ever want to know, look to the right at my "News" section, click the link above (or just go to They Chose Me (My Story) above), or follow me on Wattpad! -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment