Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Book Review: Unravel Me by Taherah Mafi

Hey everyone!
Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)So I finally got Unravel Me by Taherah Mafi and read it! And of course, here I'm doing a book review. This is the second novel in the Shatter Me trilogy, and if you want to see my Shatter Me thoughts, click here. It took me 100-150 pages to really get into this book, but once a certain something or someone showed up, things got a little interesting. We see Taherah Mafi's unique style again which I love, and I have to take a break from writing because I feel like I would subconciously start using it. Juliette shows more character development, especially right at the end. We get to see our favorite characters again, as well as meets some new ones which was fun too. You learn much more about Juliette, Adam, Warner, and so much more. I definitely recommend this if you read Shatter Me and liked it. I would give this a 5/5 stars.

SPOILERS:
WARNER. Of course he has a gift. Of course he's Adam's brother. Of course his past is brutal. Of course of course of course. See, her writing style is already getting in my head. I personally think whenever Warner comes into play, the story becomes so interesting! It's not everday you see a Warner.
The whole love triangle thing is really well done. She loves Adam but she can't physically be with him. Yet she wants to hate Warner but she can be with him- with the guilt of Adam of course.
Anderson! Gosh, he's just.... so cruel and evil, I mean really there are no words to describe him.\
I was so happy to Kenji again, BUT HE ALMOST DIED, because of Warner.
We see more into what Juliette is capable of, which is very fascinating!

Thanks for reading! -Kait
Find it on Goodreads here (also where picture is from).

No comments:

Post a Comment