Wednesday, July 17, 2013

How to Pick a Book for Your Vacation

Hey everyone!
Soon, I'm going on a vacation for a week, and of course I had to get a book. While I'm there, I'll be reading Paper Towns by John Green. I've picked three things why I chose this book (besides that it's by John Green and I really want to read it) and thought you might find these helpful, too. This are all personal preferences.
  1. Length- I like short to average books for vacation. Paper Towns is about 300 pages. At the beach I can read for sometime, but I also want to go swimming and all that fun stuff. This way, over the course of the week I'll be able to finish the book.
  2. Genre- Personally, I like to read lighter, happier books. The same vacation last year, I read Once by Anna Carey. It is a dystopian sequel, but it wasn't as intense as The Hunger Games (hi.) or Divergent. Another book I read on vacation was Matched by Ally Condie. I feel like it was also a lighter dystopian, possibly because of the peacefulness and ignorance of the people in the setting.
  3. Recommendations- Of course, you want to read a book you've heard good things about! I had people recommend Paper Towns, and I'm finally getting around to reading it. Even if someone you trust wholeheartedly with recommendations suggests a book or if it's a Goodreads rating, make sure you'll get a book you'll like. Or love. It will only make the vacation better.
Hope you guys enjoy! If you're going on a vacation (or did- sorry for having this up later), have a great time! -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment