Saturday, November 3, 2012

Book Review: Dark Life by Kat Falls

Dark Life (Dark Life, #1)Hey everyone!
Today's book review is on the Dark Life by Kat Falls. Yesterday, I was sitting, bored with no power, and found this book hanging out with a few other books of my brother's. I don't think my brother ever read this book, but I decided why not? It was a quick read and I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone that likes an interesting YA book with elements of science fiction and adventure.
Here's the synopsis that Goodreads gives it:
"A thrilling futuristic adventure set deep undersea, Dark Life follows the settlers of the world's first subsea settlement as they defend their homesteads against a brazen band of outlaws.

Set in an apocalyptic future where rising oceans have swallowed up entire regions and people live packed like sardines on the dry land left, DARK LIFE is the harrowing tale of underwater pioneers who have carved out a life for themselves in the harsh deep-sea environment, farming the seafloor in exchange for the land deed.

The story follows Ty, who has lived his whole life on his family's homestead and has dreams of claiming his own stake when he turns eighteen. But when outlaws' attacks on government supply ships and settlements..."

So people were sent underwater as an experiment-a.k.a the Dark Life- because the choice was that, or live aboveground with barely any space for yourself-a.k.a the Topside. I really liked the description and the book and the whole plot line. I thought the whole experimental part (not just with sending them underwater) and how the government was thrown in their, etc. I really liked this book. It was not challenging at all to read. The second book Rip Tide is already out! I will definitely be reading it. I loved the characters, ecspecially Ty and Gemma and I can't wait to continue their adventure subsea. :)
Check it out on Goodreads (where I got the picture and synopsis).

No comments:

Post a Comment