Saturday, October 12, 2013

Book Review: THE HOUSE OF HADES BY RICK RIORDAN

Hi everyone!
The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
I'm finally able to do this post! After a long await, House of Hades by Rick Riordan is available (and read by me)! This post could be very long, so I'm going to try to shorten and word all the feelings. If you haven't read any of Rick Riordan's books, I have no idea what you're waiting for, but this will contain spoilers. I STRONGLY suggest that if you haven't read this book, you won't continue reading! (WARNING: FANGIRLNESS AHEAD.)

THE HOUSE OF HADES | RICK RIORDAN, HEROES OF OLYMPUS #4
Where do I begin. Oh, let's see, maybe Tartarus?
The Tartarus POV's begin with Percabeth falling into Tartarus. They end up making it safely (as safe as you can get in Tartarus) down, thanks to Percy being a son of Poseidon and having the river of misery near by. This book just proved to us even more how brave Percy and Annabeth are. No mortal (except for Nico, but he got captured) or even god has ever been into Tartarus. It was very dark yet empowering. I really hope in The Blood of Olympus, we get to see the gods again because I want to hear what they have to say about Percy and Annabeth. THEY BETTER BE PROUD. In Tartarus, we also meet Bob (and Small Bob). I loved them both! Unfortunately, Bob never got to see the stars again, but I have a feeling he'll show up in BOO (hah it's abbreviated BOO) or Percy will ask it from a favor of the gods or something. We also meet the anti-Ares giant, Dameson, and so he's a peaceful giant. That was a nice part because Annabeth and Percy could let the guard down for a bit and relax as much as they can in Tartarus. There's so much more that happens, with Alkhys and Nyx, but I want to talk about another thing in particular. They met Tartarus himself in a human body. How crazy was that? Even in his presence, they made it into the Doors (thanks to a nice Titan and a nice giant).
Frank in HOH was so awesome! He really started showing off his Mars skills and when he did... it was great. It was so intense and so crazy and ahh jeez, it was great.
Hazel was also awesome! She learned how to manipulate the Mist which was really cool! I loved when she did it with Sciron. Hazel really did a great job.
Nico also played an important role for not being in the seven. And he likes Percy! Which  did NOT see coming, but it was a very intriguing twist!
Jason had a POV in this book and we haven't heard from him since TLH. I like the fact that he is becoming more Greek and we're starting to see a little more Jason.
Piper started sword fighting which was a relief because she had her knife and cornucopia and they were alright. But Piper was great to hear from again because her character is great!
Leo. First of all, Leo did great! He had that moment with the dwarfs and of course he's always fixing things with his Hephaestus skills. Then we have Caleo. NEW SHIP HOLY HEPHAESTUS. Leo is one of my all time favorite characters, and even though I mainly ship him with myself (hah just kidding. Maybe.), it was SO FREAKING ADORABLE. I loved how they hated each other first, but then eventually the raft showed up at Ogygia. AND HE SWORE ON THE RIVER STYX HE WAS COMING BACK. UHHHH YEAHH. Okay yeah, just had to get that out there.
I'm beyond excited for BOO. I knew even before I got HOH that BOO would be a book that was even more anticipated. So much stuff to look forward to! Caleo, wanting to see the Olympians, ahhh eeeeverythinggggggggg. ONE YEAR TO GO! WOO HOOO! And I really, really hope someone does NOT die. YOU HEAR THAT RICK?

Okay, as you can see I really enjoyed House of Hades. What was your favorite part? Thanks for reading, Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment