Monday, December 17, 2012

What Books To Read for Beginners

Hey everyone!
If you have just started to realize your passion for reading- I am here to help. Once upon a time, Kait  read The Hunger Games and realized books can be good! (Or in THG's case, really, really amazingly good.) So, I have a little guide if you're wondering what books to read. Even if you have been an avid reader for a while, you may still want to keep reading to hear some recommendations! Keep in mind, I 99% read Young Adult novels. About 60% of them are dystopian. Therefore, you may feel differently towards this books, but personally, I really like them all! I organized them by category so if you have a specific interest, you can go to that category and see the books. I know there's not many though :P. (For beginners, dystopian is usually when the government is cruel, unfair, corrupt, or something and has a sci-fi element in it, like in the future.) Some categories may not be a genre, like dystopian, but some may. I may say books more than once! If you want to know more, feel free to search my blog because I may have something on that book. The starred ones I really recommend.
 
Dystopian:    
**The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
*Divergent by Veronica Roth
Legend by Marie Lu
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Matched by Ally Condie
Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Fantasy:
*Harry Potter
*Percy Jackson and the Olympians (The Lightning Thief-Book 1)

Supernatural:
*The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (City of Bones- Book 1) (Some love, some don't-I'm in the middle but more on the love side.)
The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Steifvater (Shiver-Book 1)
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Emotional books:
*The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
The Hunger Games... (where did this come from? Hey, it is sad at some parts!)

And yeah! Those are some books I recommend for beginners! -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment