Thursday, December 20, 2012

Book Review: The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Hey everyone!
I recently read the second installment to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, The Sea of Monsters, and thought it was appropriate to do a review! Also, this was my 100th book on Goodreads! *This will have spoilers for the first book which I do have a review on!

The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Book Two: The Sea of Monsters | Rick Riordan

"The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read installment of Rick Riordan's amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a "half blood" whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan's series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that results in true page-turners that get better with each installment. In this episode, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book's drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come."
 
Like I always say when I like a book, I really enjoyed this one. I think I might like the first one a little more, but this one was not a disappointment to the series. The plot line was very exciting and the setting was very different than The Lightning Thief. The adventure continues, and I can NOT wait to get the third one! But I am still on my BBB so I'll have to wait until after Christmas.


SPOILERS:

First off, the ending. The ending. The ending. UGH! I have so many conflicted emotions. I love the ending because it gives the whole series' plot line a twist. It also annoys me (not in, "Oh, now I hate the series." But more like why do you do this to me?!!!!!!!! Now it can be Percy OR Thalia who can be the one in the Prophecy. And plus, we don't really know Thalia yet so how do we know she won't become a traitor and go to Kronos's and Luke's side? Annabeth said that Percy and her would either be best friends or worst enemies. I hope it's best friends.
Speaking on Annabeth and Percy, we see the relationship growing. I know about Percabeth, so not only do we see that kind of growth, but they also become much better friends. OH AND I FOUND OUT THE END OF MARK OF ATHENA (another Rick Riordan series with Percy, right?) BUT OH MY GOSH WHY? I HAVEN'T READ IT YET BUT... yeah. I kinda freaked out. NOOOOO!!! Anyways, oh! Chiron is Kronos's son? What? Hello! News flash! I think I am just going to be quiet for a second. 1 Mississippi.
How do you guys pronounce Chiron and Thalia? A girl in my school has the name Thalia, and she pronounces it Ta-Lee-A. And I wasn't sure about Chiron. Is it Shear-ron or Kir-on? I don't know.
I also loved when they went to the Sea of Monsters with Polyphemus and stuff. Thumbs up for that!
But that's all I really have to say, so I hope you all enjoyed, and I will talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment