Thursday, February 28, 2013

What I'm Excited to See in Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Hey everyone!
Requiem (Delirium, #3)So for almost a year, I have been anxiously (but not patiently) awaiting the release of the third, and final, installment in the Delirium trilogy. More than any other book (except maybe House of Hades), this was the book I wanted to read the most. With the date drawing nearer and nearer, I thought I should do a "What I'm Excited to See" post. Also, amazing news! If you want to read the first 86 pages of this book, click here! I was going to wait, but my curiosity got hold of me! So I do know a small amount of answers to some of these questions I have. THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST TWO. I will try to make this short because I could right a paper on this. One other thing, I pre-ordered this, so I'm going to get it in a week or so. In case you might be wondering why my book review will be up a little later.

"They have tried to squeeze us out, to stamp us into the past.

But we are still here.

And there are more of us every day.

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor.

Maybe we are driven crazy by our feelings.

Maybe love is a disease, and we would be better off without it.

But we have chosen a different road.

And in the end, that is the point of escaping the cure: We are free to choose.

We are even free to choose the wrong thing.

Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge."


One thing I can not wait to see are the reunions: Lena's mom, Alex, Grace, Hana, etc. There's so much to see and happen and AHHH! I just can't wait to see their reactions! Speaking of Hana, we get to see Pandemonium from Lena's and her point of view, and since Hana got the cure... it will definitely be interesting. And the whole Alex/Julian deal... very intriguing. Now some people argue why Lena never went back to save Alex, which I disagree with. First of all, if she went back to Portland, she might as well stand on the sun. In other words, she would 99% die. Of course, 99% of her thought Alex was dead, and 1% was right,  so if she went back to Portland just to check that Alex was dead, well, not great news for Lena because she'd be the one dead. Anyways, that is going to be entertaining because Lauren Oliver really made it optional for either. Furthermore, on the fourth to last page I believe when Raven is saying someone came from Portland, she also said he escaped the bombing. A bombing. A. Bombing. In Portland. So just wanted to point that out.
Those were my top-top points I wanted to make! Let me know what you're most excited to see down below! -Kait


No comments:

Post a Comment