Sunday, February 10, 2013

Beautiful Creatures: Book vs. Movie Trailer

Hey everyone!
Beautiful Creatures the movie is coming out this week and I'm so excited! If you want to see a review of the movie, comment down below! Anyways, I loved the book and after seeing the trailer, I'm very excited to see the movie. Click here to see the trailer that I'm using to compare it with the book. Beforehand, I'm pretty leniet with book-to-movie adaptations. I know some people compare it to Twilight, which is really annoying, but personally, I think it doesn't look bad at all! The book definitely is a lot better than the trailer, though.

  • Let me just say, Seven Devils by Florence and the Machine.... yup.
  • I love how they showed the whole classroom and the thoughts of what the students think of her because although they are prejudging her, for those who didn't see the movie, it gives a platform about Lena.
  • The whole window breaking. It's a good sign they're following the book and the affects are pretty good!
  • "You don't know anything about me." :) ...
  • The Ravenwood Manor looks as how I pictured it to be. Which is to say, dilapidated.
  • About Macon. I think Jeremy Irons is a good choice, but can't he not go out in sunlight because of what he is?
  • Yay! Writing on the wall in her bedroom, another good sign.
  • I think they made Ridley really well! I love the whole scene in the trailer where she screams and gets flown out of the house.
  • The scene with Macon and Sarafine was not in the book, or at least we didn't see it, so I'm intrigued to see what happens there.
  • They make Lena look like she's slowly turning dark, which I'm not a huge fan of, but we'll see.
  • Lena controlling the weather... looks good.
So I think it's looks pretty well done and I can't wait to see it! Let me know you're thoughts below! -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment