Thursday, February 20, 2014

Book Review: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare (Spoiler-Free)

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)Hey everyone!
Sorry for not posting in a while! But since I've last talked to you guys, I read the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare which includes Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, and Clockwork Princess. This is a spoiler-free review of the trilogy.

Clockwork Angel synopsis: "In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them...."
Goodreads


I gave the first book a 4/5 stars- it was interesting where the plot and characters were concerned, but I didn't overly love it. The characters were really interesting (though I didn't not like Mr. Herondale in this book) including Tessa, our main POV, because she's not quite a Shadowhunter or a warlock. I was also not expecting the real antagonist, if you know what I mean (and if you read them).
However, the second book... the second book was just amazing (5/5). I started to like Will more, Jem was just awesome, Tessa was improving in the character development department, and so on and so on. The Jessa in this book... the feels...
By the third book (5/5), there are several new important characters that I came to just love, and all the relationships in between. In Clockwork Princess, the ending was just phenomenal. I feel like we couldn't have had it better.
Because of this trilogy now, I am actually looking forward to City of Heavenly Fire. *wink*certain people*wink*.  I really recommend you read this trilogy, I personally like it more than TMI.
Thanks for reading! -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment