Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Book Reviews: Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness (Spoiler Free)

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)Hey everyone!
Sorry I haven't postede in a bit, I've been quite busy with school. However, I also managed to read the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness. In a week. And these are not small books (479, 519, 603 pages)! Anyways, I loved this series so much, definitely one of my new favorites. This will be a spoiler free review!

The Knife of Never Letting Go | Patrick Ness (Book #1) 5/5 stars
"Todd Hewitt is the only boy in a town of men. Ever since the settlers were infected with the Noise germ, Todd can hear everything the men think, and they hear everything he thinks. Todd is just a month away from becoming a man, but in the midst of the cacophony, he knows that the town is hiding something from him -- something so awful Todd is forced to flee with only his dog, whose simple, loyal voice he hears too. With hostile men from the town in pursuit, the two stumble upon a strange and eerily silent creature: a girl. Who is she? Why wasn't she killed by the germ like all the females on New World? Propelled by Todd's gritty narration, readers are in for a white-knuckle journey in which a boy on the cusp of manhood must unlearn everything he knows in order to figure out who he truly is." Goodreads
The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2)This book was amazing. Some parts brought me back to reading The Hunger Games, which as you probably know, is one of my all time favorite books. I saw an interview with Patrick Ness, and he said that each book was based on something; this one was based on flight, the second on tyranny, and the third on war. Personally, I love flight, it's so exciting and thrilling. But the other two were amazing as well (which we'll get into in a few), no disappointments! This book were introduced to some of the main characters, or main supporting characters, and I loved all of them. Todd is so unique and is very loyal. Manchee is just awesome. I loved how Viola was quiet at first, but by the end, she talks almost as much as Todd (not necessarily his Noise). The concept of the Noise was also very intriguing! I started reading another book, and kept forgetting that those characters do not have Noise. A great first book, constant action, love how the knife played an integral role; the knife is symbolic to Todd and the choices he cannot make. This is definitely a must read, and even though it's January, I can guarentee it will be in my top books of 2014.
Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3)
The Ask and the Answer Book #2, 5/5 stars Goodreads 
This book was 100% not a disappointment. Although I liked the aspect of flight better than tyranny, this book was still amazing. We get to see and meet more important characters and watch their relationships grow. This book definitely started getting darker, leading to the concept of war. An amazing book and sequel!

Monsters of Men Book #3, 5/5 stars Goodreads
What an excellent conclusion. Everything about this book was amazing and great and awesome and oh  my gosh please read. Also I must say that along with Percabeth, Tiola is one of my new OTPs. Honestly, I have no clue what to say besides to read this book! It was also interesting to get that third POV, see that side of the story, but everything was wrapped up so perfectly and it was just wonderful!
Thanks for reading, Kait



No comments:

Post a Comment