Monday, June 24, 2013

Review: The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan (Spoiler Free)

Hey everyone!
First of all, I want to apoligize for the lack of posts. Believe it ornot, I still have two days left of school and I've had many exctiting things happen recently. I've also being reading a lot and managed to finish The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan!

I had two different perspectives going into this book (which I really shouldn't have had): It wasn't going to be great because it doesn't involve Percy or Annabeth, etc. But it's also by Rick Riordan so it has to be somewhat good. Although I like the PJO/HOO series more, I loved this series! I always say (I don't know if I've said this before) but I think the characters play a major role in whether you like the book or not. Rick Riordan continues to make diverse and wonderful characters! Carter and Sadie's personalities were great! They were funny (even Carter in his own awkward ways) and brave and all that Jaz (see the pun? Jaz as in jazz, but Jaz is a character in the books.) I also loved the relationships throughout the books: Carter/Sadie, Carter/Zia, Sadie/Anubis, Sadie/Walt, etc., etc. The writing style was awesome, too! Because Sadie and Carter are actually telling the recording (by the way, I loved the interruptions, where the other sibling would disagree on something), it's not strictly the story. Like in the beginning of the series, Carter tells us to find a locker and stuff (yup, I said stuff.) But you also hear the story like a story. The plot lines were also great and really enjoyable! I loved whenever they mentioned something about "other gods" or a "weird flying horse in Manhattan". My favorite was the third one; I found it funny and exciting, and some of the things Carter and Sadie did were unbelievable!
Overall, I really recommend this series to PJO lovers (or anyone in general)! -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment