Monday, January 14, 2013

Overview of the Heroes of Olympus (Spoiler Free)

Hey everyone!
So recently, I have been overwhelming you all with book reviews-specifically Rick Riordan books. Therefore, instead of a doing a review, I will be doing an overview. I don't go into a lot of basics, but I still mention what I thought of each book. I read the first three books in the Heroes of Olympus (The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, and The Mark of Athena) and decided that it would be a little too much to have 3 book reviews, in the same series, by the same author all come out within two weeks. This way, I mention each book, and my thoughts without annoying anyone! Yay! These will also be spoiler free! But obviously, if you read the part when I talk about Mark of Athena and (just saying) you didn't Piper was still alive or something-like those kids of spoilers.

The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, #1) The Lost Hero | Rick Riordan | Heroes of Olympus #1
For a book starting off a brand new series, I really enjoyed. Rick Riordan continues to bring different characters. My favorite in this book is Leo. Leo is just... well, Leo. I really found his back story fascinating, and it as cool to hear from a child of Hephaestus. It kind of wants me to be a demigod of him, but I still rather be Athena. Piper was also very cool. I liked to hear it from an Aphrodite's point of view because not all of them are stereotypical "omg" kind of people. We also get to see how Aphrodite isn't really about looking pretty and all that stuff, but also about spreading beauty and love. Jason wasn't my favorite, but I still like him. It was exciting when I found out that you-know-who (not Voldemort) was his sibling.

The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2)The Son of Neptune | Rick Riordan | Heroes of Olympus #2
I think I liked the second book a little more because we get to see Percy again! Unfortunately, Percy has an issue, so it was a little different. But also, it was in third person. I prefer 1st person, but it was still very enjoyable! Hazel was great in my opinion. I found her back story very interesting as well and the part with her half-brother and Percy, you know, that part, ugh. Hazel's half-brother! Like I said before, Rick Riordan does a wonderful job at creating new, different characters, and Frank definitely falls under that category. I did enjoy his back story and the ability he has, but he was probably my least favorite out of this trio-but I did like him too.

The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)The Mark of Athena | Rick Riordan | Heroes of Olympus #3
Well, well, well... anyone who read this book let me say: Rick Riordan. Cliff hanger. Really?? I actually thought it was going to be a lot worse, just that person by herself, but yay! Someone goes with her to a special scary place! This one was by far my favorite. I read this book (574 pages) in 2 days. It was really good- so much action and I loved seeing the characters together! I also never had a book pull so much emotion out of me in the first 30 pages! Oh my gosh, that was great! Cough* Percabeth *Cough.



Overall, I really can't say enough how much I recommend this series. I do recommend reading the PJO series first, and then read this one. Thanks for reading! I would love to hear your thoughts down below! -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment