Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Book Haul

Hey everyone!
I hope you enjoyed the holidays! For actual Christmas,  I received two books (kind of... you'll see!) and I also got some gift cards that, yes, I've already used. So I have eight books to share with you all!
First, I got the 50th Anniversary Edition of Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. It's absolutely beautiful and long, so hopefully I'll get around to reading this soon! Since the picture won't work, you can see and buy it from Amazon.
 
FangirlNext, I am so excited because I finally got my own Harry Potter series. My brother owns 2-6, I own the 7th, and we lost the first. I've been wanting to reread them for a while, and now I can that I finally have the first book!
 
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1)With my gift card, I got six books. The first one I already started reading, and I'm enjoying it a lot! It's Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (perfect for me). It's a coming-of-age contemporary story about a fangirl of the "Simon Snow" series, similar to Harry Potter. Goodreads.
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)I also got another book I've heard about called Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. A boy is sent off to an island off of Wales and finds these photographs from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. It sounds a tad creepy, but really interesting. Goodreads.
The next book I got is one that I've been wanting to read. I thought about getting the box set, but I just saw it there, sitting alone. I bought the first in the Infernal Devices trilogy, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I'm looking forward to reading the prequel to the Mortal Instruments. Goodreads.
Finally, I decided to buy this trilogy I've been really wanting to read. I got all three of the Chaos Walking books: The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, and Monsters and Men by Patrick Ness. It's a dystopian society set in a town where you can hear everyone's thoughts. I've heard nothing but great things, and I can't wait to start it!
 
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)Monsters Of Men (Chaos Walking, #3)The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2)
      
Thanks for reading! -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment